INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect non-personal information, such as IP addresses, numbers of site visits and tracking patterns of page viewing in order to monitor the performance of the site and to make improvements to it. We will hold all of the personal information that it collects on its computers in Ireland. However, we have subsidiaries in many other jurisdictions, including in the U.S. and Europe, and information may be transferred electronically from time to time between those locations. We collect information about you directly from your input. The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on the content and features of the Service you use and how you otherwise interact with us and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and social media handle;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, including educational, professional and other background information, such as your field of study, current position, practice area and areas of interests, and photo;
- Content that you upload and share or store in your account, such as annotations, comments, contributions and replies;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Information that you communicate to us, such as questions or information you send to customer support;
- Data that you provide to us as part of interacting with the Service, such as your favorites and search queries;
- Communications preferences, such as your preferred language and the frequency, type and format of the alerts you sign up to receive.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to delivering a relevant and useful experience to you. Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to: What cool or rewarding things do you get to do on a regular basis?
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Offer you customization to make the Service more efficient for you and more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Enhance and improve the Service, such as add new content and features;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, and other information related to the Service and to your interests;
- Provide technical, product and other support and help to keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and other business operations.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Invite you to submit or review manuscripts or otherwise participate in our publishing programs;
- Conduct and administer user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Enhance and improve our products, events and services and develop new ones;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Access and Correction: You have a right to know about the personal information that we hold about you. You also have a right to correct, amend or delete the information that we hold about you if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by post or e-mail at the address shown in the "Contact" section below
This site incorporates appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected and we have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration. Our privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide us.